Sunday 29 October 2006

Thoughts turned to techniques..

It has occurred to me over the last few days that I have so much stuff I have forgotten about!!!
It was when the 2nd dare for the Card makers went up....
I suddenly realised that it had been a while since I'd made salt dough. In fact I have some VERY CAREFULLY labelled in the freezer...lol!!!! But with no time to defrost it I made a small fresh batch & really enjoyed myself. Loved geting my fingers sticky & dirty & food colouring covered!!!
Then last night it set me thinking how many other things I hadn't done in a while...
So here are a set of questions I asked myself & the answers... I hope others will read this & it will set them thinking too......... Play along if you want to leave me a link or comment...
What I do know is a tidy craft place is not always a good thing as you do forget what you have.....
1) What technique would you consider to be your "trade mark" (what do you do most?)
I use file folders a lot in my mini books to hide photos & looking back at my card designs I have used tags a lot.
2) Which technique(s) do you wish you could do/do better?
I can't make fimo/clay models for love nor money & nor can I draw free hand!!!
3) What are your 4 favourite embellishments?
Buttons, Brads, Ribbon, Blooms (plastic or paper)
4) What are your 3 favourite gadgets?
Corner rounder, Making Memories Eyelet Setter, Heat Gun(so versatile for drying,setting etc)
5a) What do you like to do but haven't done in a while?
Salt Dough, Stamping
5b) And what have you done recently & forgot how much you enjoyed?
Embossing (I did the cake on my sister's Wedding card)

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Ooooh nice questions, I'll copy them and save them to do later.

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Paula - I consider myself tagged! LOL Off to update my blog now :-)

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Done it Paula - I enjoyed this one - thanks :-)

Debbie
xxxx

Beadyjan said...

1) What technique would you consider to be your "trade mark" (what do you do most?)

I use vintage images a lot in a lot of my stuff and my trademark is a quite distinctive style which can be a drawback as i find it difficult to break away from for challenges etc.

2) Which technique(s) do you wish you could do/do better?

Friendly plastic - I have seen some amazing demos and some wonderful jewellery and embellishments made with this stuff - but they just never seem to turn out how I want them.

3) What are your 4 favourite embellishments?

Bit like yours- buttons, brads, beads and ribbons.

4) What are your 3 favourite gadgets?

Heat gun, pointed pricking tool gadget, sharp pointy scissors (woe betide innocent partner who tries to cut wire, cloth, wallpaper etc with them!)

5a) What do you like to do but haven't done in a while?

Using UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel)

5b) And what have you done recently & forgot how much you enjoyed?

3d decoupage.

Hope I've done this right - I don't understand what being tagged means though!!

Lythan said...

I've done the tag. And that wedding cake card is fantabulous!

Kathy said...

I've done your questions Paula, and tagged some other people too.

This was a great tag for crafters, thank you

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Paula - also now considered tagged too. Will do answers soon. Tx

Anonymous said...

I've add my answers to my Blog Paula ...... thanks.x

Anonymous said...

Paula, answers now on my blog. Very interesting questions actually.

Tracey x