Thursday 16 November 2006

Day from Hell!!!

Boy, have I had a terrible day!!!
This morning, I left for work, late!!!
Got to the office at 7.49a.m & went about the usual business of emptying the bins & putting the hoover round before we open.
No internet connection all day meant I was going through the boat files, archiving any lapsed policys.. real exciting stuff you know!!!! Then the boss called me to discuss my pay review.
The meeting over ran by 20 minutes & I had to dash for lunch..... No door keys!!!
After over two hours of frantic searching, running around & phone calls. I was in tears.
I don't live in a very good area of the town & you'll know what I mean if I say, the electric board can't get in to read my meter & ask me to leave a key with my neighbours....the reply to that is I may as well remove the front door!!!!!!!!
I had visions that I had left them in the door in my rush to get out.
Working in Insurance we called the company that deals with my household contents policy & we could get it pushed through relatively quickly. Lucky for me my policy does cover locks even though the flat is rented. But, it would take two hours for a locksmith & cost me a £60 excess... fair dos I wanted to be in my lovely home & it be safe from whoever had my keys...
They said I would have to go to the police station to report the loss & get a log number before I could claim. We have two stations in Scunthorpe, town. One is round the corner from my flat, so I had been to that one & was told that if anything was taken there, they would be told to take it to the main station in town centre, just a block from the office..... My dad has my spare but he is still currently in Australia, my sister lives in Newcastle!!!
The printers next door to my flat had not seen the keys nor had my landlord as I phoned him from work & he went outside to look, my door was locked..... No one had handed them in at the corner shop or the tool shop, next door to my landlord's print shop, so I was beginning to get distraught. I even considered asking over at the garage, but it being down a snicket, I thought it unlikely anyone would have taken my keys all the way across the road. I hadn't eaten & felt sick & still have a terrible headache...
I went to the second station for my log number & my keys were handed in just 10 minutes earlier by one of the policemen. Someone found them on her way to work, right outside the office. She handed them to a policeman & he literally walked in just before me. So had I gone to that station first, I would have had no luck & had to pay out on the insurance & lose my noclaimss bonus.... I have never lost my keys in all my life & I NEVER WILL AGAIN....
Now, please pass me a stiff drink......oh seems coffee is as strong as I've got....
Bath, food & warm bed is my destination, but I want to watch "I'm a Celebrity" first, as I'm hooked..... No creations tonight I fear.... I have never been so pleased to see my home....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bless Paula, sending you big (((((HUGS))))). What a pants day, you have my sympathy. I've never lost my keys either so I've a pretty good idea how you would have felt. Lets hope tomorrow's a better day and the internet is back on at work.

Have a nice relaxing evening buddy!

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad you found them again Paula. The day could have been a lot worse! Take care and have that stiff drink on me!

Gillian said...

Oh Paula, what a bad day,
lets hope today is all sparkly for you....

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Paula - you poor thing - what a horrible thing to happen. So pleased though that someone handed them in - sort of restores your faith in human nature.

Hope you enjoyed Celebrity - I abslutely love that programme but had to miss tonight's as I was at work and tomorrow evening I'm working too and my video is broken. My daughter tells me what has happened in it :-)

Debbie
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the lovely woman that handed them to the policeman, and its great that you saved £60 the way things worked out. Must have been bloomin awful though, I reccomend a nice bit of stash shopping to celebrate your payrise and chill out from the stress :)

Take care
Rhi x

Anonymous said...

{{{Paula}}} what an awful day - but it's over, off and play with a bit of shiney paper to take your mind off it.xx

Anonymous said...

You've actually described my worst nightmare Paula ... losing my keys!!! I've misplaced them once or twice, and I've forgotten them home a few times but luckily my cousin had a copy on both occassions ... I'm glad they turned up! :)

BTW, I've loved all the cards that you've made this week!