Tuesday 14 November 2006

Shimmering Lilac

This is my latest little creation, which I have fallen in love with....
Sadly, as ever, the photo isn't doing it justice. The silver is just a tad too bright despite a little editing.....
I wanted to keep a small section of the natural background of the card, but wanted colour too. I adore my Victorian blade so much, I had to use it again. I cut two pieces of the Papermania lilac patterned paper. Then overlaid the two silver pieces. (Kanban pearlescent silver) I cut two tags, one slightly smaller than the other, covered them with more of the patterned paper & set a 3/16 lilac eyelet in them to thread these fibres through. I stamped the clock & the word Memories in purple. I took the idea from a page I did in the star book. The tiny silver snowflakes were done using a punch I bought in Tesco last weekend for about 50p. I stuck them on using a cocktail stick dipped in a tiny bit of PVA glue. I enjoyed placing them despite how daunting it looked at the time....

The fibres are balls of wool, in white, purple & pink. The pink is a softer colour than it looks here. The white was called Aran, the Purple, Icicle. The Pink had no name & was the most expensive at £1.69 for a 50g ball. A little goes such a long way, they were worth the money. The greeting was computer generated & an oval printed round it. I use a small pair of nail scissors to cut out small shapes, being left handed cutting out is quite a struggle....

 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kathy said...

oh that's lovely Paula, what a great combo of techniques you've used. Great colours too

Lythan said...

well are you psychic or what? Lovely card!

Gillian said...

So pretty,,,
I love the colours.. and how sweet are those snowflakes..
Ah snow at christmas time....Last christmas eve it was 41deg.C on our back deck.....I'd love to experience a cool christmas....

Anonymous said...

You made some wonderful cards Paula. Oh and Christmas is coming so soon already. I have to start with making my own cards. Have to gather the family and dogs for a photo :) that is gonna be a challenge LOL

Alette

CarolineO said...

Oh what a gorgeous card!!

Jo said...

Beautiful card :) those snowflakes must have taken ages... but well worth it :)

jo xx