Wednesday 28 February 2007

Carrying on with the Happy Theme

I decided to make this canvas for my wall. It is full of pretty colours that lift me & make me happy.
I was so inspired by the front cover of Ali Edward's first book, that I copied the design onto my canvas & added more embellishements with it being wall art.
I use two photos of things that make me happy. They are both layouts I have made that I just can't stop looking at. The actual HAPPY layout i did to represent my chosen word & a recent UKS challenge I did about the birth of Singer sewing machines. I love the collaged look I achieved so thought that could go on too.
The light isn't too good so the pic isn't as clear as I would like it to be but this is going to hang right above me as I sit here on my computer, in the living room. I can see it where ever I am in the room & I know it will lift me up when I wobble..
It tooks two days to make & I was thrilled with the whole process. So making it made me very happy too. I never tried one before & I want to make more now. The only draw back is waiting for the layers to dry!!! I used very tacky glue which is fantabulous!!!!!! Things feel welded on now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula, just gorgeous, I can see why you like doing them, the papers and the colours are just so lovely, you have done such an excellent job, can't wait to see your next masterpiece.

Pearl said...

wow Paula Way to go with your word for the year ! lovely work ! full of interesting embellishments !


smiles , Pearl

Kathy said...

What a fabby idea!

I love this - and looking at the pretty colours and the photos made me happy too.

I have a canvas lurking in the cupboard waiting for me to pluck up the courage to have a go....

Leni said...

very nice.

Butterfly said...

Beautiful mood board Paula! I can totally understand the joy and satisfaction that certain color or work can give you. Keep the good work!

Gillian said...

Argh...how did I miss this.... after your comment I thought to myself.. I didn't see Paula's canvas.. so came to find it.. I'm sorry I missed it Paula.. cause it's STUNNING!!!!!... lovely work hun!..