Sunday 11 February 2007

Pencil Lines sketch #18, better late than never!

This Layout has taken me a full week to complete!!
I so wanted it done on time & even resorted to sitting in bed cutting out my title & all the Wives badges.
I love History & like to read books about the monarchs of old. Henry VIII is one that interests me the most as he was a very colourful character.
I have a book by Antonia Frazer which tells the story from each of the wives point of views.
He was a monster, but then, he had to produce an heir to the throne no matter what.
It is fascinating reading the ins & outs knowing that it changed the way this country was formed back then. I chose a large picture of his first wife, as one of the main pics, as she was his true wife for many years, Catherine (Catalina) of Aragon.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Paula, what a great idea for a LO - its great.

Kathy said...

You've done a fantastic job here Paula, it's such a good LO and it would also look great framed for the wall, don't you think?

How's the temperature today then?

Eleni Gratsia said...

What a great layout ... so much work! Bravo!

Megan said...

Very cool Paula!

Megan xx

Creative Options said...

Great layout Paula!!!

scrapdolly said...

What a wonderful idea - I love it
I teach Tudor history and am fascinated by it

Gillian said...

Oh Paula this is outstanding....
I love history too... and my Jacob loves it too thanks to 'horrible history'.. esp this rather Interesting King!....
You have created a wonderful LO.

Ronda Palazzari said...

This is so cool. Love History too. Just visited Warwick Castle last October & they had a wax display of Henry & the wifes. Very interesting!