Wednesday 25 July 2007

Numbers are Fun, DCM extra


I stuck with the fun element for this one. Having been in a shop recently looking at cards, I noticed that once you get passed 16, the cards go serious. Yes you grow up, but we all still have a child inside!
so I thought at 21, you still want a fun design.
The 1 is on foam pads to raise it ever so slightly above the 2.
Today, is coloured square stickers I picked up somewhere, might be papermania & I adore them for adding colour. They work fabulously straight onto photos. I am using them in my Happy minibook which is a year long project.
The cake was a 3D sticker.
Papers were free with Scrapbook Inspirations a few issues ago & I thought they were quite good for quick cards.
I inked the card edges to give dimension.
I don't know about anyone else but I'd love a card like this instead of a boring "key to the door"!!!

19 comments:

Kathy said...

lovely card, so bright and cheerful. Nice one Paula

Natty said...

Oh yes, I love those Junkitz cup cakes! Lovely card Paula. :o)

Megan said...

Fabulous Paula - and yes, we need to keep birthday cards fun and not always so serious!

Megan xx

Rika said...

Cheerful and pretty,
great summer birthday card!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Paula the latest cards are fab ... I've come to TAG you, you ROCK, but I see you've already been tagged!!! LOL !!! Doesn't matter, you doubly ROCK!!!

BTW, this weather can't be enjoyed, temps are up to 45*C in the shade. Walking outside is impossible, and after 10 minutes you feel like you can't breathe.

I just want today to be over, tomorrow it will be back in the normal temps ... ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh scrummy yummy, the bright funky colours look beautiful!
Melx

Gillian .... said...

funky bright card:)

Alhambra Club said...

This is too cute, love the paper and the cheerness of it.

Leni said...

wonderful.

Louly said...

What a fun card Paula, I love that cute paper.

Sheila said...

Oh WOW I wouldn't mind a card like that for my 21st birthday.
What you laughing at? I'm only nineteen........I've just had a hard life...lol!!!
Fabby card.....makes me smile.

SueH said...

How could you tell porkies Sheila, we all know that you're really twenty!

Fab card and I neeeeed some of those papers!

Jane said...

ooh yum !! thats such a cool card !you are so right about the traditional 21st cards

Anonymous said...

Paula I would also love a card like that is is lovely.


Carole xx

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

OMG! This card is soooo beautiful ! love the paper!! :)

Penny said...

Yummy card and fab paper!

Clare said...

Great card, rally bright funky colours - I wish I was 21 again!

Gillian said...

Love it Paula, really love how you've used that cute paper all over the card!

Pearl said...

this pp is just super ! love the fun colours alrite !