Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year, New Challenges

Happy New Year to all my blog friends & other readers!
Nothing new here in Scunthorpe today, raining cats & dogs. The weather doesn't care what the calendar says. I felt the need to crack on with some much needed birthday cards & the very first blog feed I came across this morning was Caardvarks. Pop over & try this fab sketch for yourselves. Nice, quick & easy. Papers are DCWV Far East & MM Vintage Hip Collection Gracen. The stamps are Words, Crafty Individuals & a free floral circle from SI, which I stamped 3 times, cut out & mounted on sticky pads for a nice 3D element. The centre is a small red flower from a plastic flower arrangment at work!


19 comments:

My Paper World said...

It's beautiful! Im going to give this sketch a go too!

SmilynStef said...

Thanks so much for joining the Caardvarks fun ... I love how you rotated the skech and the polka dots with the blooms are very fun.

Sandy said...

Wow Paula lovely Card. Wonderful paper. Looks so great.

Happy New Year.

Angelina said...

Happy New Year!!!! May all your wishes come true!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Paula, they are great papers. I'm hoping to get this one done tomorrow, children allowing!

Unknown said...

love how you turned the sketch!! beautiful card!

The Artful Eye said...

Lovely composition. Happy New Year!

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

Happy New Year to you Paula, I hope 2008 is a great one for youxx

Annie said...

Happy New Year Paula, Thanks for stopping by my blog over the past months. I love the colours you've used on your card, and the plastic flower too!

Risa said...

I love your card Paula!
Happy New Year wishes to you also.
malieta:)

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful card Paula!! hope you have a very happy new year x

lauren bergold said...

oh i love the layered flower!!! (& boy you are FAST!) :)

Julie Allain said...

Gorgeous card Paula,

Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best for 2008, Happy new year :) xx

michelle said...

very cool.. love that flower!

Kelly C said...

Lovely card - great scallops!!

Jolene said...

That layered flower is fantastic!

Kaz said...

card is gorgeous Paula, Happy New Year to you too. x

Scrapanimal said...

Happy scrapyear to you. I wish for you a creative 2008 and looking forward to you now projects.

xo Simone

Sarah Rice said...

lovely card! I love your take on the challenge