Tuesday 15 April 2008

Less is More!

Recently my teamies & I decided to base some layouts on a few sketches to get us out of a creative block. We got too used to doing layouts in our own style & thought we needed to break the mould a bit. I am always struggling with minimal so based this page on a Shimelle Laine idea from SI. I used a single rubber stamp for all the flourishes & it was quite tricky to achieve but I am very glad I kept at it, as I am pleased with the results. This is my Dad in Oz. The trouble I had was getting a photo. I have found that photos of photos are always harder to get crisp!

10 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab layout Paula, I love those flourishes. I really like the simplicity of the page it makes the photo stand out more

Kaz said...

gorgeous LO Paula, love how you used the flourishes, fab idea.

Debbie said...

Great Layout the minimal look suits the photo

Unknown said...

Fab LO & less in this case is definately more!!

Anonymous said...

love this layout! I am always hesitant to use white as a background on a page, but the hints of blue totally worked out for this page..

Marjolein said...

This is beautiful Paula, I love the simplicity of it! The flourishes.... stunning, really gorgeous stamps!!

Pearl said...

Yes you rawked the flourishes , grrl ! wonderful idea ! less is always more ! I just lost hte scrappin' mojo probably because I don't have fab pics to work with ! i have album loads of pics but they just dont seem fab enough to scrap ! oh well !

Anonymous said...

It's great -- no trouble with minimal any longer, I'd say!

Kate T said...

stunning work!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Wonderful, wonderful!!! :D :D Brilliant layout!