Saturday 30 January 2010

New Year, New Album.

This year, my Studio Calico Album will be done 8"x8" as I find it a great workable size. Kicking off with the January kit, Whodunit, I have created a page which covers my plans for the year ahead. I am making a minibook about all the books I read, I have quite a large pile of books to plough through. I also have a very large pile of DVD's to enjoy. I hope to listen to more music and I will be travelling this year with my sister, destination unknown right now, but we are looking into two places we fancy, Copenhagen & Florence.
All in all, it look set to be a pretty exciting time & as my title suggests, I'm Looking Ahead!

Materials List;
January 2010 kit; Whodunit.
Paper;- Basic Grey Origins,Paraffin. Studio Calico, Emporium (Circles down side)
Diecut Stickers;-20% Extra Flashy, Studio Calico (tp journal block & side bracket shape & words)
Bottom journal block & stars, Studio Calico Stamp set.
Title; October Afternoon Mini Market Alphas Teal & Black.
American Crafts Chipboard Thickers, Nutmeg.
Black cardstock & staples.

Apologies to my friends, I will get round all the blogs at some stage this weekend.
The train I travel on for my daily commute almost crashed on Monday evening after an idiot decided he wouldn't wait. The barriers only block half the road so he zig zagged round them straight into the path of our train. We narrowly missed him, but it was quite a shock to the system & made me realise that I have to spend more time doing what I want to do & get organised so that the time spent doing what I have to do is cut down.
We only get one life & I plan to fill mine with good stuff!

5 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

Woooooh Frightening, that must have been a right shock to the system. Glad to see you back with yet another great page! And, yes, we do only get one shot, so good on you for making the decision to do more of what you love. x

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I am glad you are alright, Paula. That was a scary thing to happen.

Your travel plans sound exciting - what a lovely thing to be looking forward to! I like your page about the anticipation! That's half the fun of a planned trip - the anticipation.

lisa said...

I don't seem to have stopped by to visit for ages, Paula, apologies for that. You've been creating some beautiful cards.
This LO is lovely too and it sounds like you've got lots to look forward to this year. I've been to Copenhagen, Denmark is a beautiful place but Florence is definitely on my wish list.
Hope you've recovered from your shocking train journey, that must have been so frightening for you.
Happy Crafting

Lisax

Pearl said...

that surely will be a fright to anyone on board that train , Paula ! Just glad that you're all right !

your plans for 2010 sounds terrific especially with travelling more ! ;)

Ronda Palazzari said...

Love both Copenhagen & Florence for different reasons. Beautiful page & what a worthy goal. What a scary day but so happy you are safe & decided to make changes. Here's to fulfilling your wishes!