Friday 8 April 2011

Inspirational Quotes, Tag Book

Here are the first two tags in my book. I've uploaded them the wrong way round the second one is actually going to be the first in the book!

The tags are chipboard covered in thin white card. Once they are all complete, they will be punched & attached together I'm thinking a ball chain rather than book ring for the closure.


Tag 2, is inked in 3 shades of distress inks; Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar & Worn lipstick.

I used the Cracked TH embossing folder. I think I inked the edges with Weathered Wood to give a bit of depth to the pinks.

Tag 1 is inked in 4 shades of distress inks; Broken China, Dusty Concorde, Tumbled Glass & a touch of weathered Wood. It is also gessoed to give a faded look to the trees in the background. My main tree CI209 is then stamped in Rangers Black Archival ink.

I will share some more in a few days time. I'm hoping to create at least 12 of these tags for all the really important quotes I have.

6 comments:

Carla said...

i love the quotes(and the tags also), looking forwards to more..

Carol Q said...

gorgeous tags Paula. I particularly like the top one - sort of reminds of a plaster of Paris effect

Paper Paradise said...

Love the quote tags what a great idea! Sue x

Micayla said...

They are lovely Paula. So glad to see that now the light has returned so has the crafting.....I always love to see your owrk.
Have a good one xx

Caroline Moore said...

Beautiful tags Paula and love the quotes, they could be written just for me :0)

Dolly Daydreams said...

I love your quotes and your certainly have a way with colour both are gorgeous.

Marie