Thursday 26 July 2012

Layout 7, Kia


This is the 7th layout for my 8"x8" mini album. I wanted a lovely cherry red page to mix in with the two beautiful greens & the woodgrain backgrounds I have used so far. Having just made 2 white pages in a row, I longed for some colour. This page features a photograph my sister took of her cat, Kia (whom I fondly call Kiki)
I wanted a layered look but didn't quite achieve the amount of layering in the way I had envisaged. Oh well better luck next time.
Below is a close up of the journal tag which is housed in a glassine envelope under the photo.
I had real fun creating my layered butterfly. One is die cut, the other stamped & cut out.


Materials used;
Bazzill Red Cardstock
Patterened Paper; Anna Griffin - Darcy/ October Afternoon Report card- Story Hour
Studio Calico Journal card (old one with 2009 on it so hidden in the layers)
Glassine Envelope - Internet
Tim Holtz die - Tag
Papermaina die cut frames
Memory Box Butterfly die
Butterfly Stamp - Innovative Stamp Creations (Friendship plate)
Papermaina Stamps - Around the World 2
Brad - Papermania
Title - Tim Holtz Die - Typeset.
Adirondack Inks; Raisin & Cranberry

5 comments:

Carol Q said...

another stunning layout Paula. beautifully put together!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...this is gorgeous Paula, loVe the warm raspberry and your gorgeous butterfly...Mel :)

lisa said...

Hi Paula. Your layouts are all beautiful, you have been so busy. I love the one inspired by the advert.
Sorry I haven't been around much, Life is sadly getting in the way of everything else at the minute.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Lisax

Karin said...

Another lovely layout Paula, you're on a roll.

Anonymous said...

AAbsolutely stunning