Friday 18 July 2014

Create

 
My eleventh art journal page.
This is possibly my second favourite.
I started with a piece of scrapbook paper
Squared Papermania Happy days
I clear embossed the swirls & borders top & bottom
before spraying re-inker sprays in
Spiced Marmalade/ Fired Brick
Wild Honey/ & a mix of Fired Brick with Mandarin
Perfect Pearls for shimmer.
I added the Tattered Bird & Text (both TH)
by stamping onto tissue & apply with gel medium.
Flowers & butterflies - ISC Friendship plate.
I stamped the images in Hero Arts Cup o Joe
& edged the page with Rusty Hinge/Barn Door
You might not see but the page was also over-stamped
with script & a crackle stamp using Apricot & Sand Hero Arts inks.
Images coloured with Big Brush Pitt Pens.
I loved the quote & felt the background squares gave
an industrial/urban look.
 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous, love the vibrant colours

lisa said...

I love this, Paula, the embossed swirls are great and the orange is striking, not a colour I reach for but don't know why it looks stunning.
Hope you are doing ok.
Hugs Lisax

Carolyn Dube said...

So delicate with the flourishes and the touches of white against the rich orange tones!

Karin said...

Totally gorgeous page Paula

Anneke said...

Lovely page, wow!