Monday 27 October 2014

Art Journal Pages

Page 13 of my large journal.
Loved how this eventually turned out.
Background made of tissue
sprayed with inks (dylusions ground coffee
& tattered angels coffee shop)
Postcards using Papermania stamp
and covered with more.
Lettering stamped and painted with
Crimson Silks Acrylic Glaze.
Word - Art die cut
Word Writing - computer generated.
The title is a play on words
my question is really two.
Is letter writing dead, or in this technological world,
is writing dead?
Bottle made from chipboard
Feather found on floor.
Stencil - Cubist / old postage stamps.
 
My next pages are the start of my new Visual Journal.
I bought a gorgeous Derwent hard covered journal in
Corbridge during my holiday it measures roughly
61/2 x 4 3/4 & I will mainly be doing work in watercolour with
inktense pencils.
Some paint (TH Distress because dries flat, smooth & permanent)
My first page below (hidden address)
2nd pages not yet complete.
 

3rd pages - using paper, photos
& inktense pencils to tell my story.

Stamp - Sheena Douglass
This will be pretty much how my book will look on each page.
Except I will do stencilling with paint
here and there.
thank you for looking.


4 comments:

Anneke said...

Awesome pages!

Carol Q said...

love your cover page Paula - especially the texture with the bricks. I can see this is going to be a work of art. what a great start!

Unknown said...

Wonderful, love the diversity of the techniques that you use!

Jenny Marples said...

Loving your journalling here Paula. Really must try this too. Jenny x