Thursday 9 March 2017

Happy Birthday, Dad.

 Today is my Dad's birthday.
I made his card using a free set of stamps
off the cover of a magazine.
(Simply cards & Papercraft issue 158)
Both of us love feeding wild birds.
In our gardens we both have Gold Finches.
So I water-coloured this stamp to
depict Gold Finches on Magnolia.
 
On the back of the card, I decided
to make them into Chaffinches.
I have a pair of these in my garden every morning.


For the centre of the card, I picked a
panel of my favourite water coloured card
(Bockingford Hot Press 140lb) 
I buy mine from Curtisward.com
via Ebay as I love the loose sheets.
It is so smooth it stamps beautifully, but
Takes all the water with little warping.
 
 Once the water-coloured panel was dry, I
embossed using a tree design.
I painted the branches brown with water colours.
I used Inktense Pencils for all the colouring.

Finally, I made this card to pop his gift card into.
I applied texture paste through a Crafter's Workshop 
Stencil - Meadow.
                                                      Once Dry, I softly coloured it all.

2 comments:

DUTA said...

Lovely card!

Pretty said...

SUBLIME PRETTY