Monday 13 November 2006

My Secret Design is out!!! Card Dare 4

Here it is, my entry for the 4th Daring Cardmakers.
A very big THANK YOU goes to Sabine, in Copenhagen, who kindly translated my favourite poem to the Danish. It really made my day. Before posting this card I emailed a picture over to Sabine, as I wanted her to be the first to see the design.
It is quite a simple one really. I drew round two ovals for the body of the piece in silver gel pen, then stuck tiny silver gem stone between the gaps. The garden gate & small arbour is a decoupage piece I made using some design sheets from Margaret Sherry.(Very fiddly but well worth it) The small pink prima flowers, I bought from Debbie off Ebay.(Do you recognise them Debs!!) I used the gems for their centres to keep it simple. The small pomegranate picture was clipart from my computer just to fill the blank space above the poem. I thought about chalking the bottom in pale green beneath the gate, but feared it would over do the design & make it messy.


The Christmas card in my last post was stamped in silver. I forgot to mention that. The centre oval was palest lilac papermania card. The background, some of the papermania Xmas collection. I'd bought the Whispers Oval templates but can't use them with the effect I want just yet.....

 Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Lythan said...

that is lovely. So elegant. And those ovals with the diamente I love in particular

Keryn Campbell said...

Paula your card is just so delicate. I love it. Thankyou for the lovely comment you left for Lachlan on my blog. He's getting more comments than I ever get, it's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and delicate card Paula - fab!

Gillian said...

Oh this is so sweet Paula...
Very inventive, I'm sure whoever get this card will be wrapped....

Gillian said...

Oh Wow Paula,
I've just realised you have me as a LINK!!!!
thankyou, I think your the first....I'll put you on too when I work it out, Andrew helped me with the ones I have on there...
TTFN Gillian :o)

Kathy said...

Paula, this is beautiful. I love the way you've drawn the ovals - actually I'm really jealous, because even using a template to draw round I'd have made a horrible mess.

It's all just so pretty and will look lovely framed

Kelly K said...

Ooh, Paula, it was well worth the wait! What a beautiful card :-)

Jane said...

its beautiful . Well done. so delicate- definately needs to go in a frame !

Oblibby said...

Paula, such a pretty card. You must be se neat - it I tried something like this it would end up a big splodgy mess. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Paula your card is beauitful

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Wow Paula - have to agree with everyone else htough - there is no way I would get ovals like - mine would have splodges too ! LOl

Such a beautiful card - and I recognise the primas :-) I also use gems in the centre - it really jazzes them up nicely.

Thanks for joining in again :-)

Debbie
x

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is this card, I love it Paula just so lovely.

Saffa said...

OOOh I LOVE this the silver oval is so fab!! And anything with primas gets my vote!!


Well done!! Keep um coming!
xxSaffa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I would love to make cards - but I'm rubbish! Love looking at your creations tho :-)

jk xx