Friday 26 January 2007

4th Friday DCM - Heavy Metal

Not Heavy Metal, as in music (sadly!!) ,but the card must have something metal on it.
well, I am involved in a New Year Photo Swop, over on The Bumbleberry Cafe.
I have photos from Jacqui to create a layout with. Her daughter Alanna is the subject of these photos, & this sweet little girl's favourite colour is....... Orange!!!!
I have none, I'm not overly fond of it, me having red hair & all!!
So my fabulous teamies over on UKS, kindly donated (couldn't wait to get rid of!!) some of their acquired orange.
It's kind of grown on me a little & I decided to make this card for the dare...
Papers are mixed Flavia, kindly donated by Nic. the spots I'm not sure of, from Pauline. Photo is one of my own, Snowdrops in snow. The mini spotted frame is MM.
Orange ribbon, blossom & two metal orange flower brads (holding word on card), from Anne.
Metal word, "Wishes", MM. I wrote birthday in silver gel pen.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

It looks great Paula - I love the circles and the spots are just fab - what have you got agains spots anyway?!!!

Hope you grow fonder of orange, it's such a nice happy colour!

Samm said...

Lovely blog, lots of inspiration! Thank you for your comments on my 'confessions' book, your's is lovely! The 'crazy moo' stamp is fab! :D
Samm x

Lythan said...

What a pretty and fresh looking card!

Anonymous said...

oh i like the circles in that and I love the orange on your card....lovely card.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Orange is great for cards! You used just the right amount on this one. She'll love it.

Gillian said...

Beautiful... Love the circles.. and that frame is toooo cute...
Paula, can you email me please.. my email addy is in my profile on my blog.. Thanks Gill

Rhi said...

Gorgeous Paula. Love the circles with the dots, beautifully laid out. Perfect! Rhi x

Tracey said...

Fabbo card Paula - see I am still alive! (well just - read all about it on my blog...)

Tx

Pearl said...

Hey Paula


Wow , loads of new stuff to see ! greato, grrl !Rawk on ! Trust you are feelin'happier after making these ...

Just got a new toy ! A compact Photo printer ! a canon selphy ! I dont know why I ever lived without one before ! silly ole me !

Soooo... I could get my Shimelle's confession book done in a jiffy on late Sat nite ! No more excuses about having to run to the photo developer's ! Will take pics & post sooon....random ramblings in there ...lol...

And where were we about making stuff for our word of the year ? I must confess for me - my choice of word - I find is sooo challenging to create things around !I cant see myself making a fridge magnet for it really at this point in time - lol - at the moment I think a journal type thing might work for me ( to record the many good changes in Jan 2007 that is just remarkable for me ! ) or mini album .... cos I'm thinking more in terms of words rather than images for CHANGE - like quotes etc ...not sure if this makes sense to you ... feel free to tell me more of what you had in mind ! lol .....more than happy to hear ...

Kelly K said...

What a lovely, colourful card Paula! I am a bit scared of orange too, but it can be so uplifting if used in the right way!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Great card Paula i love the colours.

Andrea xx