Saturday 21 April 2007

DCM - Fun fabulous Felt!!

This is a card I made this morning. It is commissioned by Lyn for her friends, Amanda & Mark.
This is exactly what they wore on their wedding day. Suede skirt & trousers which I have represented with black & navy felt. Black shoes & black knee high boots also in felt. The top had to be cut from purple paper in a design similar to her top & he wore a Union Jack shirt which I made from a print out of a flag!!! I have drawn the faces to match theirs from the photo she let me see last week.
Thought it would fit perfectly for this challenge & to show I am not cheating, I will be making a completely different design for the latest Caardvark challenge which is also to use felt!!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Gillian said...

Hi Paula, this is such a wonderful card, so personal, I'm sure they will be completely blow away!

oh it was a little surprise for us too about Caardvark daring the same theme, one can never know these things, Our team has had this one on the drawing board since before easter.. just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.. and some would say, Great Minds think alike :o)

Lythan said...

This card is amazing. I'm sure the recipients will treasure it!

Angelnorth said...

That's fab Paula - how great for the recipients to have something so personalised!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Sarah said...

What a lovely personal card, i'm sure they will love it!

Kathy said...

This is just so clever - I bet it'll cause a laot of smiles, Paula

Well done - it must have taken ages to piece all those bits together

Ronda Palazzari said...

Very clever! Just bought some felt myself. Can't wait to play with it!

Latharia said...

Oh, how incredibly clever!

Saffa said...

Hehe..Paula that is so clever!

Well doen

xxsaffa

Pearl said...

love this funky card, Paula ! Origal & different from the usual felt themes ! lol

Got a new finding today for us to play ! Hop on over to my blog to find out when u can ! lol

trust you're feeling better this weekend !

ttfn, Pearl

Concetta said...

Come by for a visit. I'll put the tea on.

Hugs,
Concetta

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This is so gorgeous!! Felt is really great to play with, isn't it? Must find mine...

Your friends must be amazed by this card - it would be one I'd keep forever!

Di said...

It's great fun Paula. Such an unusual take on the dare (and the wedding!)

Di