Thursday 14 June 2007

Altered Art - Empty food cans



Rachel over on the Bumbleberry Cafe set this fun challenge of altering a pen pot. Well I don't have a pen pot, I have a fab silver bucket with big sun face on it. However, I do have a collection of delicious Tim Holtz alcohol inks & applicator/felt pads in need of pretty homes for my desk top.

The large can was orignially a very large pineapple chunks tin!! It has been inked with Wild Plum & Stream inks. Two strips of ribbon top & bottom & then a big lilac & purple bloom (papermania) stuck on the front. The small can was spagetti hoops!! All i did with this one was to wrap a piece of my fav CherryArte classic Coffee paper around it & glue another papermania blossom on the front with a pearl button from the new red mini button packs.

Had great fun making these & if felt good to take part in something before I get too tired & fall asleep.

14 comments:

Hazel said...

I love the containers. I think when my room has been fitted out I'll have to make a few things like this rather than have everything in cupboards. Good idea to use the alcohol inks direct to the tin.

Anonymous said...

How fabulous, these look fantastic, what a great idea,
Melx

michelle said...

this is such a good idea! these are o gorgeous

jakey said...

Pen pots???

Don't mention those things to me - I'm churning out dozens of the things from gravy granule cartons for our fete's craft stall at work!

I dream of pen pots lately... and that's not a good thing Pixie..

Not a good thing at all!

Tracey said...

Hi Paula, love the altered art. Sorry not been in touch lately - been out of sorts. Hope you are okay.

Tracey x

Renata Moni said...

Love the altered!!!
Beautiful work!!

Rachel said...

Paula they are scrummy thanks for joining in xxxx

Kathy said...

These look great Paula.

I'd forgotten how delish that Cherry Arte paper was. I don't think I've got much left though, might have to go on a paper hunt!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Wowza ... these are fab Paula!!! :D

Megan said...

Sensational Paula! I love the Cherry Arte paper....it looks so classy.

Megan xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work and Great idea also!!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea

I want to make one for my inks too

THanks for the inspiration

Gillian said...

You never cease to amaze me....
they looks AWESOME Paula... oh I so love the pink one...toooo scrummy...

lou said...

OMG how gorgeous are these! Thanks for you link in the Inspiration Alley blog, am so glad I found your blog - will definitely be a regular ! Lou x