Monday 8 October 2007

AJ wk40 & TMTA

This week's prompt is "no more.. What is no more in your life..."
Took some pondering, but I decided no more empty dreaming. I am going to search for my dreams in my heart. Some things, I realise I just can't have. Some things are right there & are not being used fully. I think this is very true about my crafting. I used this image of a dandelion & used a technique called Image transfer to create a soft piece for my AJ.
I have no Gel medium, so I use the clear sellotape (packing tape)method of sticking the tape smoothly to the image & soaking in lukewarm water.
Once the backing paper comes off, & this has to be very gently with your fingers, you are left with a soft almost vellum picture which I stuck onto the card using Anitas' 3D gloss.
Flower is from a RAK, button in my stash. Art Deco stamp, Design Objectives corner stamps. Words, my own.



Masks was the prompt for this ATC challenge. I decided to go with Theatre & Shakespeare.
I stamped the background with my Traditional Love Anita's stamp. I love the script writing with the heart. I printed my chosen words onto pink vellum & then traced round the inside of the heart so that once cut out, it would become the centre. I printed an image of the Comedy & Tragedy masks & also a fine pink feathered one. The finishing touch was the book cover printed from an image on the net.

39 comments:

Sija said...

Great Paula! Love it.

Nina said...

Hi, Paula dear! Oh wow, love that transfer method. I envy you for being able to do it since I tried, quite unsuccessfully, to do it before 'coz I ran out of patience to let it soak in warm water. Haha.

I love the stamping and the theme of the mask ATC too. =)

Nina

Anonymous said...

Its so sytlish. A wonderful ATC.

Marjolein said...

I love your card for this week!! That transfer thing..... have to figure out how to do that once...

anne said...

Lovely ATC Paula. Very nice!

Shell said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog Paula :D I love your card this week... thanks for explaining how to do the image transfer - going to give it a try! And I think your mask ATC is fab!!!

Jen said...

Very cool! I've never tried the transfer technique, but I may have to after seeing this!

Andrea, said...

Fantastic ATC, the background is wonderful

Deb said...

Gorgeous, I love the little saying on the dandelion clock (is that what they are called?) and the theatrical atc is perfect for the masks challenge!

stamp and scrape said...

My daughter wore a mask identical to this, except in blue, to a masked ball recently. I nearly used her but the photo was taken in bad light. It's so lovely to see yours used in this way with the greek faces.
Ros

Unknown said...

Both cards are fantastic, love the way that you put the photo on the card!

Barbara said...

It turned out really nice.

Anonymous said...

Paula I love teh dandelion and it is very symbolic! I love how you have decided no more empty dreaming, thats fab! I wish you well in fulfilling your dreams. From one dream in action chick to another xxoo

Pearl said...

lovely stamping creations Paula ! wow you got a lot done !

Celestial Freak said...

Both are wonderful pieces!

Anonymous said...

So many details - great

Je@net said...

Both of you cards are so lovely Paula!! So many details, so wonderful...can't stop looking!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is a fab ATC Paula - love it!

The Cryer Family said...

These are lovely Paula - you are so creative.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

One of my favorites -- just love all your details here.

Crissi Harvey said...

fantastic atc's paula specially love the first one great sentiment

saffiertje said...

Oh paula, your cards are beautiful that picture... super! The transfer methode i have to try, sounds nice do do.

cheri said...

They just get prettier and prettier! Love your #40 and your ATC.

Angelina said...

Great ATC! Love those two masks together! Super!

Anonymous said...

That looks so beautiful Paula

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the saying and the dandelion.

rammsteinchen said...

verry nice , as I sees like also feathers you

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow! bEAUTIFUL WORK ;)

Gillian .... said...

really pretty masks:)

Elizabeth said...

Lovely and very nice ATC!!

Megan said...

Wowzers Paula, you blow me away! These are sensational. I love the dandelion one...actually I love them both!!

Megan xx

gaby braun said...

Beautiful ATC and the DPOV card is fantastic too!

Tristan said...

OOO! Very pretty! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Grat work, love them both.

michelle said...

I have always wanted to try a transfer. These are so beatuful.. LOved what you did!

Anonymous said...

This is really great!
Love your masks-ATC.

Deb G said...

I LOVE your work..it is truly beautiful!!!

Lee Weber said...

love the card- I have a thing for dandelions! Plus, I want to try the transfer thing too.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful card !!....bet you cannot resist to blow to them if you have one in your hand ;)