Monday 5 November 2007

AJ WK 44- Home & TMTA - Birds

Art Journal prompt this week is home. My fav place. It means many things to me but the most important one is I always feel safe. I watch TV in it, snuggle with hot cocoa & read in it, create in it & I love my home, even though it is only rented. My card was stamped with script, then over stamped with floral stamps. These see D's packs are excellent value. I coloured in the flower heads with make up sponge tips then oversponged the script between with gold. Small pics of my home go with the hand journalling.

TMTA theme for today is birds. I am sadly lacking in bird stamps, although I have seen some stunners. I love birds & am quite dismayed that no one seems to make a Robin stamp for Xmas. In fact, at the weekend I was looking through endless Xmas supplies at my local craft shop & not even ribbons, stickers or brads feature this cute guy!! To me they are a symbol of Xmas & winter. So I chose to stamp a floral corner in moonlight white brilliance ink & clear emboss it onto green pearlised paper from DCWV, Luxury stack. I added a gorgeous drawing of a Robin in the snow & added a soft fluffly feather to emphasise the snow at his feet. You may have to click on the picture to see it better. It looks gorgeous IRL.

31 comments:

Marjolein said...

Wonderful AJC card Paula!!! And the red robbin is so sweet!

Angelina said...

Great contrast! The colours against the white! Beautiful.

Barbara said...

Really elegant.

Andrea, said...

Fab journal page and I love your ATC, that robin is gorgeous. I agree with you about robins symbolizing winter.

pmk said...

Found a robin rubber stamp here: http://www.joannasheen.com/craft-supplies/joanna-sheen-stamps-wildlife-robin-js234/

Anonymous said...

Wow wonderful ATC. Love this bird.

Femmy said...

Love the colours against the white!beautiful actc

stampingbalou said...

Your ATC is fantastic - red to a soft background - just fabulous !

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your Robin, Paula...so pretty and bright. We always have Robins on our property and they actually stayed longer than usual this year...an indication of a later winter onset. Sadly, they are gone so it was nice to see yours!

Trude Julie said...

Excellent cards, they are just soooo nice :)

Deborah said...

Love your card - so much detail :)

Jen said...

Both cards are simply beautiful!

michelle said...

ooh.. love how you sponged the background and those flower stamps. Your bird card is amazing. The bird just pops off the card.

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use a feather. Love the robin!
Bettie (www.bertibo.punt.nl)

Unknown said...

Both cards are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card...love the robin so much...perfect call on that!

Anonymous said...

I like your techniques with the stamps. Your robin card is beautiful, the feather looks so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Waw great ATC.
Both are beautiful

Fiona said...

Great card Paula and I love robins too - I know what you mean about them sadly lacking. The Americans have Red Cardinals which are fabulous birds, similar to our robins, and I have a fab stamp of a red cardinal - you've inspired me to dig it out!

Scrapanimal said...

Great card you've make.
also the atc with the bird is awesome.

love Simone

Rainbow Lady said...

Ooh he is gorgeous Paula I love him. I have one in the back garden just like him but no snow thank goodness.
Love Cynthia x

Je@net said...

Two beautiful cards Paula!!
The "home" card and the birdie are both gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work,love them both. The bird looks great.

Heather said...

Beautiful cards! I love the birdie! Very elegant looking.

Annie said...

Your robin is a beautiful card, and very elegant.

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use a feather! Your card is lovely!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

love this!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your robin Paula and I totally agree to what you said about robings being a symbol for winter and Christmas. Wonderful art journal page too. Really loved what you wrote about it.

Galina Varese said...

This is the most adorable piece! Love the robin on a cold frosty background. Just perfect.

Crissi Harvey said...

Beautiful work paula

Nina said...

Gorgeous, Paula, as always. How sweet is that robin. =)

Been kinda crazy lately. Hubby's away on a business trip so have had to manage the homefront on my own. Hope you are doing well. =)

nina