Thursday 28 August 2008

Autumn Glory

This page started out as an inter team challenge to do a scrap lift but mine doesn't resemble the lift in any way!! I did however forever conquer my fear of orange, I think it is more grown up with the modern papers & very sophisticated & I enjoyed putting this together from my Studio Calico Confections kit.
I got my next kit paid for this morning so more yummy goodies are heading my way around the 10th Sept. I feel so special getting these every month it is something to really look forward to & I get stuck in & use them straight away. I also think my scrapping style has changed since I got these kits, I am more colour confident these days & not scared to cut up a sheet of paper as I have done here on the Creative Imaginations Bloom, Floral Sunshine.
I also love that the papers are mostly double sided & the reverse of the sheets is as yummy as the fronts. I used the alpha stickers from last months Via Airmail kit to keep the brown compilmenting colour going. The HS felt flowers are delicious & were in the main kit. The photo is one of my favourtie trees in our local park in its most glorious colours. I have the ame tree taken in frost, & in snow along with another tree from a different area of the park & I plan a minibook of them as they always make me feel happy.

6 comments:

Je@net said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Pearl said...

Ooo what a wonderful fab layout , Paula ! Love how you did the CI cut out so beautifully ! I think this is one paper that really needs to be cut out ! lol & love love those polka dotted butterflies to go with the blooms ! love that idea !

So glad what one good kit subs does for you ! Good kits are economical I am convinced too ! lol & they do take the headache out of getting matching embellies together !

I just made 3 mini albums this weekend ! rare that I get this kind of time on weekends ! & too lazy to do layouts or cards ! mini albums are perfect !

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Very striking, Paula. I do love butterflies.The colours look wonderful with your photo.

jakey said...

Paula!! I absolutely LOVE your new style! And of course I love orange... anything orange! Lol! The butterflies are gorgeous, and the flower is amazing. This is a wonderful page :-)

jk xx

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!!!

Carol Q said...

ooooh - what a beautiful flourish Paula.