Saturday 15 August 2009

Daring Cardmakers - Lace

The theme on Daring Cardmakers blog is Lace. It's been a year or more since I entered a challenge on this fabulous site. They are all very talented ladies & I had the honour of being Guest Designer in September 2007!
The main reason, for my not having entered any challenge o this fabby blog is, I just don't seem to make cards anymore! If I do make them its for a particular birthday, but I no longer make them every week. However I feel quite nostalic today as sadly my BIL Nigel passed away 5 years ago on this date, & I thought I would enter my Paris Postcard.
I made this postcard to pop into an envelope with some documents for my sister & as it has just a strip of lace I thought that it might just pass! Background is pink core'dinations card (Earth tone pack)The Gold Floral stamp is Elusive Images Damask Florals stamped in Adirondack Butterscotch dye ink. The torn page is from a book. I have painted it with artists Gesso & inked the edges with Adirondack Wild Plum dye ink. The torn paper ontop of that is some handmade paper using Adriondack inks & perfect pearls spray.
The Eiffel Tower (Elusive Images, Paris Stamp Collection) is stamped onto watercolour paper & coloured loosely with inks & a waterbrush. The blossoms are stamped with a script stamp. I layered up the whole piece with the strip of lace & added a gem for the flower centre. I stupidly forgot to take a photo of the back of it as it was stamped to look like a postcard!

12 comments:

Liz said...

Paula just love this love the whole pic its great thanks a lot for poping onnto my blog and for the comment too
Liz xx

Micayla said...

I really wish I could make the time you do to create such beautiful things Paula. I really enjoy checking out what you have been upto and this card is just delish!!
Enjoy the weekend, I know I am!
xx

Kaz said...

Gorgeous card. Good to see you making something again. Mind you, I've dropped off doing the DCM's every week too.

Hope to see you 'around' a bit more often.

artfulstampin said...

Love the pastel shades and the whole layout of this. I've not done a DCM for ages too!

Traceyr said...

oo la la very chic. :)

Keryn Campbell said...

Gorgeous card Paula it's great to see you joining in again. Pop in anytime.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I've been absent form DCM for ages as well yet I'm still making cards - must have a look there again more often! I love your card. Sorry for the sad anniversary though. Take care, dear.

Kathy said...

really pretty, Paula
Lovely to see you playing along with us - its been way too long!
Thanks for your messages on my blog too

SueH said...

What a beautiful Postcard Paula.
Thanks for sharing it with us, especially as it has such poignant memories attached to it.

Sue
x

Anonymous said...

lovely LO and colours.Great take on the challenge!

Singapore plants lover said...

Beautiful! I like to make post card or greeting card too, use all the dried flowers and leaves.
By the way, my name is Paula too.
Cheers,
Paula (Singapore plants lover)

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous Paula, love this theme!