Tuesday 15 May 2012

All About Butterflies


 This first image is a card made for a forum friend, Joanne for her birthday. Her special day is the day after mine and as my computer system died on my birthday, I lost the last weeks work. Thankfully Joanne was able to email these shots so I had a record of my work.
I based my designs around our other forum friend, Jo Capper-Sandon's background technique featured in the December 2011 issue of craft Stamper. I made the mini canvas to match.
I used perfect pearls on the butterfly wings for shimmer.


This next butterfly item was made for Jo Capper-Sandon's birthday the following month. As she adores butterflies I made her an exhibit box. Sadly it did not work quite the way I wanted it to. The background looks far too dark in this photo.
These too, had perfect pearls dusted onto the bodies.


Materials I used;
Distress inks, Weathered Wood, Wild Honey, Iced Spruce, Rusty Hinge,Tumbled Glass,
Stormy Sky, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire and Brushed Corduroy.
Gesso, Chalk Emulsion Paint and Standard Emulsion Paint.
Torn newspaper, Tim Holtz stamps -Attic treasures.
Perfect Pearls, Mandarin, Gold, Mint and Plum.

6 comments:

lam said...

Beautiful art work. I also love butterflies

Carol Q said...

two gorgeous pieces of work Paula. I would be happy to receive both lol!

Rika said...

Beautiful artwork Paula!

penny4thoughts said...

Just beautiful, Paula!

Michelle Webb said...

Fantastic pieces of work here. Love them all, and your blog. Michelle x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I just wrote a long reply and pressed a button by accident and it disappeared. Not sure if you received it, so I shall write another lol

Stunning stunning work Paula. Love your take on my article, really pleased you gained something from it.

Sorry for the delay in spotting this...have been out of action sadly.

The blue framed papillon is so delicate and fragile looking in real life. Absolutely gorgeous. Something that people maybe have to handle to appreciate it's full design. Thank you once again x Jo