Sunday 18 August 2013

Page 10 & A Card

 
Here is the 10th layout of the 2nd 8x8 album.
I am pleased how this one came out although it is not how it started off!
I have kept several of the elements but ditched two as they did not work.
Most of the elements you see are die cut from vellum as I love the transparency of it.
 
Materials list;
Photo - My hand beaded bird cage ornament
Background - Dream Street Papers - Rue - Affection
Other paper - BG dot from Basics White
         Chevron - Papermania Happy days
Dies: TH Bird Cage & Bird
X-Cut - Mini Star
Other Items:
Big Shot
Vellum
Glassine Envelope
Silver Sequins
Waste Stars from die cut piece
(coloured with Scattered Straw Distress ink
so they can be seen in envelope)
Floral Washi Tape - free gift
Tulle - Ribbon Girl
Dovecraft Tea Party Mini Paper Doily
Canvas
Handstitching
Stamp - French Writing - Hero Arts
I used this on white card for the title
I computer generate the words on paper
stuck a scrap of canvas to it & re printed.
 
I do love to see stitching on layouts and I really find it therapeutic to sit
& hand stitch on my own when time is available.
I went to town here & stitched 3 pieces!!!
 
 
This next item is a card made to send a photo CD to my sister, Tracy.
It again incorporates Vellum.
I made this with a free embossing folder & a free stamp!!


Peacock Embossing Folder - Magazine Gift
Elizabeth Bennett - Cover Stamp Craft Stamper
Paper - Lucy Cromwell Design Stax
The peacock folder was chosen as the photos on the CD include a pic of a white peacock
from our recent visit to Kirkley Hall.
Elizabeth Bennett arrived at the perfect time,
as my sister is a huge fan
of costume drama, in particular the classics.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Fabulous pages and card Paula.

Jenny Marples said...

A very elegant card and a beautiful layout Paula. Keeping it white/off white has produced striking results. Hugs, Jenny x

anne said...

Very pretty Paula and so much detail on that layout leaves so much to see. xx

Carol Q said...

love the layout Paula - very balanced and your hand stitching is so neat! I've got both the folder and stamp - they were really good freebies weren't they?