Sunday 15 November 2015

Latest Art Journal Spread - Craft Life

When I began creating this page, it was using
a colour scheme I had used for something else.
I had used 140lb watercolour paper to blot off
excess colour.
The only idea I had for the page was shimmer.
Lots of glorious pearlescent shimmer...
I totally love the gold/pink combination and
I used this as my starting point.
Sadly, as we all know, cameras do not pick
up shimmer very well. So I included two close up
shots because the gold on the velum heart shows quite well.
 
 
 I also wanted a close up of this gorgeous
digital bird I purchased.


Now a photograph of the complete double page spread.

 
The base of this began life as Dylusions sprays.
First I spritzed with White Linen and then added Lemon Zest
Tangerine dream and Cherry Pie.
Spritzing them this way turned them pastel
(an idea I gleaned from Joggles)
I then used water & more white linen to
do the ghost technique using the Rosetta
& Love Post Stencils by C/Workshop.
Once dry I spritzed with Heidi Swapp Colorshine
GOLD! Yummy!
I added light molding paste through the Love
Post stencil. I also drew them hearts lightly on velum and cut out.
I added the Winged Heart TH die & the bird.
The paste soaked up colour from underneath.
I coloured the back of the velum hearts with Gelato
Champagne Gold and once on the page
spritzed with Gold.
Other products used;
Silk Acrylic Glazes.
Donna Downey stamp
Lime Citron Stamp - Amour
Love stamp - Hero arts
Crafty Secrets Bird Notes stamps
Galaxy Gold ink
LSG Magicals Cotton Candy Pink
Primary elements Rose Gold
Words are all "found Poetry"
from a purpose bought dictionary.


2 comments:

Godelieve said...

How beautiful! Lovely colors and great textures.

Rika said...

So beautiful!